ASRock X299 Killer SLI / ac LGA 2066 Intel X299 SATA 6Gb / s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: I bought this board because it is the cheapest X299 board that was sold at the time. The board is very well built and black on an interesting black theme. In addition to USB 3.1, there are no additional controllers on this board, and the board does not need it. The X299 chipset feature is more than enough for me and most others.
The fan control options on this motherboard are amazing. I used to have to use an external fan controller to silence my PC but on this motherboard, the onboard headers can all be configured without external software. The RGB LED controls are also great and do not have to pay for a more expensive motherboard if you want an LED.
Cons: The BIOS of this board is problematic. I received this board with BIOS v1.0, and no newer version at that time. With the initial BIOS, I can not use PCIe M.2 drive as boot device for Windows 10. The BIOS will detect and boot from M.2 on the first boot, but once the computer is restarted, it will no longer detect any M.2 devices or SATA until I clean CMOS. Not just boot device - all drives are gone after restart. So if you install the M.2 drive, you must remove CMOS every time you want to boot PC or no drives are detected. I'm expecting better testing for common use cases like M.2 drives in Windows 10.
I waited for weeks for updates. Then when BIOS version 1.20 is released, it will not blink on board because the file does not pass the security check. As if ASRock did not test the BIOS version before releasing it. The BIOS version 1.21 Beta did blink and seems to have fixed the M.2 problem, but I spent almost a month with a board that was barely usable because of the buggy BIOS.
Also, Intel Turbo Boost MAX is disabled by default and the option to enable it is hidden deep inside the BIOS. Unless you know the search, you will lose performance with default settings.
Two other minor problems. The only LED on the board is around the chipset heatsink, so unless you have other LED strips inside the computer box, the board looks weird with just the chipset on. Also, the M.2 slot is all connected to the chipset and not on the processor, so if you have multiple M2 SSDs, all will share the same 4 GB / s chipset.
Other Mind: If I know the problem I should be experiencing, I will not buy this board at that time. However, I still give these three eggs because, as long as you update the BIOS, this board is a good product.
- Brand ASRock
- Model X299 Killer SLI/ac
- CPU Socket Type LGA 2066
- CPU Type Core X series (LGA2066)
- Supported CPU Technologies Turbo Boost Technology 3.0
- Chipset Intel X299
- Onboard Video Chipset None
- Number of Memory Slots 8×288pin
- Memory Standard DDR4 4400+(OC)*/ 4266(OC)/ 4133(OC)/ 4000(OC)/ 3866(OC)/ 3800(OC)/ 3733(OC)/ 3600(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133
- The maximum memory frequency supported may vary by processor type.
- Please refer to Memory Support List on ASRock's website for more information.
- Maximum Memory Supported 128GB
- Channel Supported Quad Channel
- PCI Express 3.0 x16
- 4 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots*
- If you install CPU with 44 lanes, PCIE1/PCIE2/PCIE3/PCIE5 will run at x16/x4/x16/x8.
- If you install CPU with 28 lanes, PCIE1/PCIE2/PCIE3/PCIE5 will run at x16/x4/x8/x0.
- If you install CPU with 16 lanes, PCIE1/PCIE2/PCIE3/PCIE5 will run at x16/x4/x0/x0 or x8/x4/x8/x0.
- Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks.
PCI Express x1
1 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slot**
** If PCIE4 slot is occupied, M2_2 slot will support M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x2 (16Gb/s).
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireXTM, 3-Way CrossFireXTM and CrossFireXTM ***
- Supports NVIDIA Quad SLITM, 3-Way SLITM and SLITM ***
- *** 3-Way CrossFireXTM and 3-Way SLITM are only supported with CPU with 44 lanes.
- 1 x Vertical M.2 Socket (Key E) with the bundled WiFi-802.11ac module (on the rear I/O)
- 15µ Gold Contact in VGA PCIe Slot (PCIE1 and PCIE3)
SATA 6Gb/s : 8 x SATA3 6.0Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel Rapid Storage Technology 15 and Intel Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
* If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_0 will be disabled.
* If M2_2 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_1 will be disabled.
* If M2_3 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_4 and SATA3_5 will be disabled.
* If M2_3 is occupied by a PCIe-type M.2 device, SATA3_4, SATA3_5, SATA3_6 and SATA3_7 will be disabled.
- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_2), supports M Key type 2230/2242/2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32Gb/s)
- 2 x Ultra M.2 Sockets (M2_1 and M2_3), support M Key type 2230/2242/2260/2280 M.2 SATA3 6.0Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32Gb/s)
- If PCIE4 slot is occupied, M2_2 slot will support M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x2 (16Gb/s).
- Supports Intel OptaneTM Technology.
- Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks.
- Supports ASRock U.2 Kit.
- Audio Chipset Realtek ALC1220
- Audio Channels 7.1 Channels
- LAN Chipset Intel I219-V
- Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
- Wireless LAN Intel 802.11ac WiFi Module (Free Bundle)
- Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Supports Dual-Band (2.4/5 GHz)
- Supports high speed wireless connections up to 433Mbps
- Bluetooth Supports Bluetooth 4.2 / 3.0 + High speed class II
Rear Panel Ports
- PS/2 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- RJ45 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
- USB 3.1: 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A Port (10Gb/s) (ASMedia ASM3142) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C Port (10Gb/s) (ASMedia ASM3142) (Supports ESD Protection)
- USB 3.0: 4 x USB 3.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
- USB 1.1/2.0 :4 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
- S/PDIF Out : 1 x Optical
- Audio Ports : HD Audio Jacks: Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
- Antenna Connectors : 2 x Antenna Ports
Internal I/O Connectors
- Onboard USB :3 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 6 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x Virtual RAID On CPU Header
- 1 x TPM Header
- 1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
- 2 x RGB LED Headers
- * Support up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)
- The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
- 1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)
- The CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
- 2 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)
- The Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
- CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2 can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
- 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector (15µ Gold Audio Connector)
- 1 x Thunderbolt AIC Connector (5-pin)
- Form Factor : ATX
- Dimensions (W x L) : 12.0" x 9.6"
- Power Pin :
- 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
- 1 x 8 pin 12V Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
Source : https://www.newegg.com
Read more article :
- $40 Off DJI Spark Drone, $9 Nike+ Apple Watch Band, Echo Dot For $38
- iPhone 10 has edge-to-edge display, prohibitively expensive, Face unlocking
- How to Reset Kodi 17.4 Krypton, Delete User Data And Start Fresh The Easy Way
- Ecovacs Deebot M81Pro REVIEW: Meet The ROBOT vacuum CleaneR with a MOP
- Gary “NavyChief” Murphy & The Glorious PCMR CRYSTAL 570X