Here's the iPhone 8 Plus to quickly charge the Vs iPhone 7 Plus regular charge cycles to measure how fast it really is.
Fast charging is a feature that many mobile phones have competed for years. This year, Apple finally brought it to their latest iPhone including iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and soon to be released iPhone X. With fast charging, the device can go from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes. Before you get too excited and expect your new iPhone 8 / X to quickly fill in, there are a few things to keep in mind.
For added fast charging, you need a separate accessory. Typical Apple moves here. The standard 5W power adapter, and USB-A cable to Lightning provided in the box will not be enough. Instead, you have to go out and buy a 29W power adapter and a USB-C cable to Lightning, which will get you back at least $ 75. A bit expensive, but if you really want the fast charging capabilities on your iPhone, here's what you will need.
Here, we want to quickly fill the exam and compare it with the previous generation iPhone 7 Plus. In our tests, for iPhone 7 plus, we used 5W power adapter and Lightning cable in the box. The iPhone 8 Plus, of course, uses the 29W USB-C power adapter and the USB-C cable to Lightning. When comparing the size of the battery, the iPhone 8 Plus actually has a smaller 2691mAh battery, while the iPhone 7 Plus has a larger battery with a capacity of 2900mAh.
On paper, it seems strange that the new iPhone 8 Plus has a smaller battery, but according to Apple, with the new A11 Bionic chip, you will get the same battery life as the iPhone 7 Plus.
Our iPhone 8 Plus vs iPhone 7 Plus charging video comparison results are as shown below:
- Apple boot up: 70 seconds (8 Plus) vs. 96 seconds (7 Plus)
- 10 minutes: 17% (8 Plus) vs. 6% (7 Plus)
- 20 minutes: 31% (8 Plus) vs. 13% (7 Plus)
- 30 minutes: 45% (8 Plus) vs. 20% (7 Plus)
- iPhone 8 Plus took 33 minutes to get at 50% while the iPhone 7 Plus was at 22%
- 40 minutes: 58% (8 Plus) vs. 26% (7 Plus)
- 50 minutes: 70% (8 Plus) vs. 32% (7 Plus)
- 60 minutes: 77% (8 Plus) vs. 39% (7 Plus)
- 70 minutes: 84% (8 Plus) vs. 46% (7 Plus)
- 80 minutes: 90% (8 Plus) vs. 52% (7 Plus)
- 90 minutes: 94% (8 Plus) vs. 59% (7 Plus)
- iPhone 8 Plus took 117 minutes (1.95 hours) to get to a full 100% charge while the iPhone 7 Plus took longer than 2.5 hours
Check Video : iPhone 8 Plus: How FAST is Fast Charging? (iPhone 7 Plus Comparison)