Plex is a popular platform for streaming your own local media files, like movies and TV shows, to your personal device. The user interface for Plex is brilliant, and its ability to stream media to devices anywhere with the internet is very useful for people with large media collections. However, one disadvantage to Plex is the monthly fee you need to pay to be able to stream media to your mobile device, like your iPhone or iPad. This costs $ 4.99 per month, which is not that expensive, but many people may feel they can not afford it. That's where Plex ++ comes in.
Plex ++ is a hacked version of the Plex app, which allows some features to be included with Pass Plex without actually having it. The main reason for using this is to bypass the one minute streaming limit through an application without Pass Plex. This allows you to stream media to your iOS device without the need to purchase a pass. Plex ++ will not enable features such as offline viewing, as this can not be done without a paid account. If you can afford Plex, you have to be challenging because it helps developers to make it even better. However, if you really can not afford it, this is a great solution.
Terms & Notes
- This is for educational purposes only. I highly recommend paying for Plex, as it helps developers make it even better. Use this at your own risk.
- This does not require a jailbroken device.
- You do not need a computer for this method.
- This app has been logged in and can be revoked at any time by Apple. If this happens, the app will start crashing. To fix it, re-download the app and try again. If this does not fix the problem then try again in a few days.
- Navigate to this page on your iOS device (must be with Safari). Once there, you should see a website similar to the App Store.
- Tap the 'Library' button at the bottom. Here you have the option to view unverified apps, games and apps. Tap the 'Browse' button in the 'Apps' section. Once the page loads, make sure you're in the 'Tweaked Apps' tab at the top of the screen.
- You should now see a list of all the applications available for download. Find an app called 'Plex ++', then tap on it. This will take you to the application installation page.
- On the install page, hit the 'Get' button next to the icon. A pop-up will appear asking if you want to install the app. Tap 'Install'. Now it should start installing like a regular app store app.
- Once the app is installed, it will not open due to an unreliable company developer error. To work around this, open the Settings app and navigate to General> Device Management
- Tap any of the menus in this page until you find the one containing Plex ++. Tap 'Trust' twice and the app will be trusted.
- You should now be able to open and use Plex ++ on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- Once you open the app, you need to sign in to your Plex account. When you sign in, you can start using Plex without any restrictions