A few moments ago a jailbreak was released for the 323-bit iOS 9.3.5 device that can be used to drop multiple devices (eg iPhone 4s) into iOS 8.4.1 without the need for SHSH blobs. The main reason for doing this is because iOS 9.3.5 is very slow on older devices, and downgrading to older versions speeds up this device. The only problem with this is there is no iOS 8.4.1 jailbreak after you downgrade.
As stated earlier, this jailbreak can only be used with 32-bit devices. This means that newer than iPhone 5 / 5c, iPad 4, or iPod touch 5 can not be incarcerated using this method (see the list below for compatible devices). This is also an untethered jailbreak, which means you do not have to run the #Etason JB app on your device every time your device is restarted!
Requirements & Notes
This is compatible with iOS 8.4.1 on supported devices.
This is a untethered jailbreak
This will only work with 32-bit iOS devices (not the iPhone 5s and newer)
This currently works with the following devices:
– iPhone 5
– iPhone 5c
– iPhone 4s
– iPod touch 5
– iPad 2
– iPad 3
– iPad 4
– iPad Mini
This does NOT work with the following devices:
– iPhone 6/6 Plus
– iPhone 5s
– iPhone SE
– iPad Air 1
– iPad Air 2
– iPad Mini 2/3/4
This works on macOS, Windows, and Linux
You make sure to backup all your data to iTunes or iCloud before attempting this jailbreak
If you do not have a paid Apple developer account, the Etason JB app will start to crash one week after being installed. This is because the certificate for it will have expired. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the Etason JB app using the instructions below.
- Download the #EtasonJB jailbreak app from the above link and save it somewhere. Then download the latest version of Cydia Impactor (a program created by saurik) for your operating system from the above link. A minimum 0.9.35 version is required. Extract and open the 'Impactor' file.
- Once it's open, make sure your iOS device is connected to your computer, and your access code, the Touch ID and Discover my iPhone locks off during the jailbreak process. Select your device in the drop-down menu.
- Find the IPA file of the #EtasonJB app you downloaded earlier and drag it to the Cydia Impactor tool. If a warning appears, click 'OK'.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID. This is only used to create certificates for the #EtasonJB app installed and will not be visible to servers other than Apple.
- After entering your Apple ID and password, click 'OK'. The #EtasonJB app should now be installed on your device.
- Open the #EtasonJB app. Tap the button 'Etason JB!' And the jailbreak should start. The #EtasonJB application should now install Cydia. DO NOT do anything else with the device when this happens.
- After Cydia is installed, your device must be contacted. Cydia should now be on your home screen! Open the Cydia app and it should open without any problems.
- Since this is a Untethered jailbreak, you do not have to run the jailbreak app every time you reboot your device, which means you should not need this app after the jailbreak is complete!