Here we share the guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on HTC U11. Yesterday HTC has started launching Android 8.0 Oreo update for HTC U11 in Taiwan which comes with version number 2.31.709.1 and security patches in November. If you want to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on HTC U11 or want to Update HTC U11 to Android 2.31.709.1 version 8.0 Oreo Manually then you are in the right place. Here we share the guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo On HTC U11.
Update HTC U11 2.31.709.1 brings all Android Oreo Features and also includes VoWifi service for CHT customers in Taiwan. HTC U11 Oreo Factory Image is not available at the moment but we give you HTC U11 2.31.709.1 zip OTA which can be installed on your device manually. Download HTC U11 Android Oreo Firmware from below to manually Install Android 8.0 Oreo On HTC U11.
HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update launched via OTA and available to all users. Version 2.31.709.1 update for HTC U11 can be easily sideloaded manually. To Install 2.31.709.1 on HTC U11 you need to download the HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo RUU file or the HTC U11 Oreo OTA zip file and the adb driver. Download HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA from below to update HTC U11 to Android Oreo manually.
HTC U11 Android Oreo Features and Changelogs
- Android 8.0 Oreo OS Update
- November 2017 Security patch
- Update Vo-WiFi enabled for users on Chunghwa Telecom carrier
- Regular bug fixes
- This Firmware file is only for HTC U11. Do not try this on another device.
- Follow the steps correctly if you are shooting your device.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- This can erase your data so it is advisable to take a full backup of your phone for a safer side.
- Make sure your phone has a minimum charge of 50-60% to prevent disabling between the processes.
Download HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA zip
- Download HTC U11 Oreo OTA 1.28.709.33 to 2.31.709.1 – Download
- Download HTC U11 Oreo RUU file – Coming Soon
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On HTC U11
Method 1 -
- Turn off your device.
- Now boot your device to Download mode by Pressing Power button and volume down button.
- Use the Volume rocker to navigate to the Reboot menu entry to the bootloader and press the Power button to confirm this action.
- Use Volume rocker to navigate to the Reboot to Recovery menu entry and press the Power button to confirm this action. Your device will now reboot into recovery mode.
- When recovery begins, you will see a red triangle with an exclamation mark inside, wait a moment and press both Volume keys with Power button. This combination lets you get into the Recovery menu.
- Use the Volume rocker to navigate to apply updates from phone storage options and press the Power button to confirm.
- Now you can choose your OTA package then press Power button.
- After rebooting, you will get a message that you successfully updated your device.
Method 2 –
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
3) Download the Oreo RUU zip for HTC U11 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC and boot your HTC 10 into Download mode by using below command
adb reboot download
or use manual command to boot HTC U11 into Download Mode –
- Power Off your phone.
- Press and hold Power + Vol Down at the same time
- In download mode, use the Vol Up and Vol Down buttons to navigate up and down and Power to confirm
5) Now Boot your device to RUUMode (Optional:- zips file can be flashed in download mode or RUUMode, both work)
fastboot oem rebootRUU
6) Now flash the RUU ZIP file on HTC U11 with the command given below
fastboot flash zip File_name.zip
7) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone.