Since we can not find a good clue how to flash Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X from China 8.1.12 to Global Stable ROM version without unlocked bootloader, we decided to post it here.
Flash Redmi Note 4X from China 8.1.12 to ROM Global with bootloader locked
First thing you’ll need to do is to download latest China Developer ROM version. Here’s the link: http://en.miui.com/extra.php?mod=rom/download&r=321&mobile=no#469
- Copy downloaded latest version of China Developer ROM to your phone and update using three dots updater.
- Download China Mi PC Suite 2.30 (it’s important to download exactly Chinese version). Download link: MiSetup220.127.116.111_2717.exe (41.1 MB)
- Install Mi PC Suite 2.30 Chinese language version and update it to the latest build (press blue arrow in the left bottom corner to update).
- Now download latest Redmi Note 4X Global Stable ROM: download here
- Make sure you’ve installed all required drivers on your PC (search our website in case you don’t know what drivers are required).
- Now reboot your phone in recovery mode using three dots app or turn off your device and press “Volume +” and “Power” buttons at the same time.
- Next connect your device to PC via USB-cable (Mi PC Suite should be running).
- After your device is identified in Mi PC Suite click on big orange button.
- Next you’ll see three buttons with Chinese symbols, click on the top one and select path to downloaded Global Stable ROM .zip archive and press left button to start flashing.
- Flashing process should start. You will see percentage progress bar on your PC and progress bar on your device.
- Wait until flash process is completed. It usually takes a long time, like 20-30 minutes.
- Then your device will reboots and will show Mi logo for quite a long time.
- Now boot in recovery again and connect your device to PC.
- In Mi PC Suite press the middle button (wipe) and then press the last button (reboot).
- Your device will reboot.
- Congratulations! You’ve installed latest Global Stable ROM version on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X.