OnePlus launches another Nougat-based update for its non-base bezel. Through this article, you will be able to download and install the OxygenOS 4.7.6 update on OnePlus 5T.
The release of Android Oreo for OnePlus 5T is still coming soon. But OEMs do not sparing the opportunity to lift the overall experience of the current OxygenOS firmware. With how it looks, OnePlus may be at the top in terms of providing regular updates to its devices. The company announced OxygenOS 4.7.6 update for OnePlus 5T today. It comes with some improvements to the whole system.
Install Update OxygenOS 4.7.6 on OnePlus 5T
With OxygenOS 5.0 being released for OnePlus 5, 5T users have their hopes of seeing the same thing. However, it turns out, there is still some time before Android Oreo arrives for the device. We believe it will be launched soon.
Announcements for new updates are made in the OnePlus community by Jimmy Z. Now before you even switch to the instructions to install the OxygenOS 4.7.6 update, take a quick look at these setup points.
- The level of security patches in December
- Overall stability improvements
- Improvements in terms of clarity to take a selfie in a low light environment.
- Improved performance for 3rd party camera apps
- Added lighting aid to open the face
- Improvements to expanded screenshots
- Improved Wi-Fi display
As you can see, the first set of improvements relates to the camera. Furthermore, the OxygenOS 4.7.6 update also incorporates the December security patch. In addition, new 'Assistive Lighting' features have been added to the Face Unlock function. However, some users do not seem to like it. Anyways, it could just be disabled from Settings.
Because the update is incremental, it will launch gradually and take a little time to reach your device. To check if you have received OTA, go to 'Settings' -> 'System updates'.
Now continue to download and install the OxygenOS 4.7.6 update on OnePlus 5T.
- Charge your OnePlus 5T to a battery level of at least 50-60%.
- Grab a full backup of your important data before updating. You can follow our guide on how to back up your Android phone.
Download OxygenOS 4.7.6 OTA and Full ROM
OTA (4.7.5 -> 4.7.6):
How to Install OxygenOS 4.7.6 Update on OnePlus 5T
We have provided two different methods to update your OnePlus 5T. Choose the method that suits best to your situation.
Method 1: Use Local Upgrade
This is the most direct method to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update. But this requires that your device has a stock recovery and OxygenOS is not rooted.
- Download full ROM (Below Oxygenos 4.7.5) or OTA zip (OxygenOS 4.7.5) from above link.
- Connect your OnePlus 5T to PC and transfer downloaded files to the root of internal storage.
- Go to 'Settings' -> 'System updates'.
- Press the gear icon on the top right of the screen.
- Select ‘Local upgrade’ option.
- The system will fetch the update file. So, tap on the full ROM/OTA file name.
- Select ‘UPGRADE NOW’ to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update on OnePlus 5T.
Your phone will boot into stock recovery and flash update. After that, it will reboot to the updated firmware. To ensure that you are not facing any unusual bugs, go into recovery and clear the cache after updating.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
The second method is for ROM users who have a custom / rooted OxygenOS along with TWRP. In this case, you can install the OxygenOS 4.7.6 update by blinking the full ROM zip through TWRP recovery.
- Download the complete ROM package from the link above.
- Transfer the full ROM zip file to the device's internal storage.
- Lower device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously to enter TWRP recovery mode.
- Once your OnePlus 5T is in recovery mode, go to 'Wipe' -> 'Advanced Wipe'.
- Select the checkbox as shown in the image below and swipe the 'Swipe to Lap' button.
- Return to TWRP main screen and press 'Install'.
- Navigate to internal storage and select the file "OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_008_all_1712252114_6e1d0.zip".
- Once the file is selected, swipe the quick confirmation button to install the OxygenOS 4.7.6 update.
- After installation is complete, press 'Reboot System' button.
Your device must be logged in to the updated OS. Follow the on-screen instructions and set your device. Now go ahead and enjoy new enhanced software in your OnePlus 5T while you wait for Android Oreo.
You can install the OxygenOS 4.7.6 update in OnePlus 5T. If you have any questions, leave it in the comments section. We will be happy to assist you in any way.