iOS 11.3 has been released in the first developer beta ahead of full release this spring. Apple previewed before, teasing many new features. From AirPlay 2 to Messages in iCloud, to the new Animoji, Health notes, and more, we've now completed all the new things you can expect in iOS 11.3.
View all new features and changes in our fast videos.
There is a lot of love in this upcoming update. Let's look at some of the best features.
AirPlay 2 is Apple's second generation for their AirPlay technology that lets you transmit audio (or video) to AirPlay or Apple TV speakers.
Version 2 is quite a bit stronger, and has the ability to iron audio to multiple rooms / speakers at once.
This feature is similar to the Sonos implementation they have for a while.
Multi-room audio is an animal that is difficult to handle and has been delayed by Apple several times. HomePod even launches without it, promising end-of-year support.
Take a look at our direct experience with AirPlay 2, where as the train, impress us.
Messages in iCloud
Messages in iCloud are another pending feature, intended to ship with iOS 11 last fall.
This allows all your messages to be stored in iCloud, reduces your storage locally, and saves them in check across devices. Now every time you create a new device, your history is there. When you delete a message on one device, it will be deleted anywhere.
Health is something I'm passionate about, and the new features in the Health app make me very passionate.
The new recording section will bring all your tests and health data from multiple sources to one location. If you undergo a blood test, the results can be directly from the doctor to the Health application on your phone.
Currently, it only supports a number of health and hospital networks in beta, but will continue to grow in the future
ARKit gets updated to version 1.5, bringing a number of tangible improvements.
Now able to track vertical surfaces such as walls and windows, and horizontal.
When looking through the camera, the image is now at 50% higher resolution, and this does a much better job of tracking irregular objects like circular tables.
If you have an iPhone X, now there are some new Animoji characters to liven up your facial expressions.
Bringing the number to 16 is cool, we have bears, skulls, dragons, and lions available.
Full list of changes and features (so far)
Here's the list, be sure to let us know any comments you might see.
- Health record
- Vertical ARKit
- More accurately mapped irregularly shaped surfaces such as circular tables
- The resolution is 50 percent larger and supports auto focus for a sharper perspective
- Animoji new
- Dragon, bear, lion, skull
- Business chat
- Messages in iCloud
- New privacy splash screen
- Blue privacy icon in settings
- Support for Advanced Mobile Location (AML) to automatically send user locations when making calls to emergency services in AML-supported countries.
- View battery status (upcoming beta)
- Disable performance alignment (upcoming beta)
- New News Group Apple News in For You, and improved Top Stories.
- Apple Music will soon be home to music videos.
- HomeKit software authentication
- Apple TV appears in Home app with tvOS 11.3, will not function as a hub for automation & remote access without TVOS 11.3 on iOS 11.3
- AirPlay 2
- Security USB accessories
- The version and size of app downloads in the App Store
- App Store follows text size
- iBooks now Books
- Speed of multitasking animation on iPhone X
Also Read :
- How T0 Watch The 60th Grammy Awards Live For "Free" On iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV
- Guide To App tapp Installer 5 Team Rebrands, Invites Beta AND Detailed Setup Repositories
- Major Throwback: When MuscleNerd Interviewed Saurik, And While Jailbreaks For New IOS Update Taking "A Few Days"
- iOS 11.2.5 SEP Compatible With iOS 11.1.2, Which Means You Can Lose It From To Jailbreak Purposes