Xiaomi may not be the big name in the west but in China and India, the company has made enough name for itself. It has carved its place in the smartphone market segment that was formerly dominated by low-quality smart phones manufactured by big people. Chinese manufacturers are to be defeated in the budget segment. Lenovo tries and fails, Motorola stops their phone pricing aggressively. Currently, the Honor is trying his hand in taking the budget segment from Xiaomi. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is the latest Xiaomi offering in this budget range. It packs on some serious hardware that can even record 4K UHD video.
Although, the company seems to have turned it off for some reason. This is not something new from OEM, even Xiaomi has done something similar to Redmi Note 4. Last year. Despite the lack of UHD 4K video recording, 2160 × 1080 18: 9 display, Snapdragon 636, 4 / 6GB RAM and 4,000 mAh battery is just above the device price range. But adding a little extra features there is nothing wrong with remembering the fact that the device was touted as "Indian Pet Camera". XDA Vidhanth members have found a way to enable this feature that the hardware is capable of providing. The arrest here is that you will need a rooted device. But do not worry, if you decide to eliminate your Redmi Note 5 Pro for this, we already have a rooting guide for you.
Enabling 4K UHD video recording on your Redmi Note 5 Pro using the methods described below is a potential risk. You will be prompted to make changes to the system file and this may cause unexpected behavior. You can even stop your device if you are very unlucky. Even if you follow all the steps mentioned below correctly, it is still possible that things can go south for you. Make sure you know what you are doing and do it at your own risk. DroidViews or others can not be held liable in such situations.
It is recommended to back up your device system partition via TWRP custom recovery if you have already installed it. If you have followed our guide to rooting your Redmi Note 5 Pro, you should have it installed. If you do not have TWRP recovery, here's another link to our guide.
- A rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro runs MIUI stock firmware from Xiaomi.
- File explorer capable of performing operations in root directory and text editor. Most file explorers already have built-in text editor so you do not have to download custom text editor if you do not already have one.
Enable 4K UHD Video Recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Use your preferred file explorer and go to / system / etc / device_features / folder. You may need to grant root file explorer access if you have not already.
- In this folder, you should find the file named whyred.xml. Tap to open it in the text editor. If you already have a separate text editor from being bundled in your file manager, you will be prompted to select one.
- Inside the file, find the following line:
This is a boolean value with the name support_camera_4k_quality that only permits one of two values, true or false. If you have not found the answer, all you need to do is edit the row and convert false to true. The edited row should be read as follows:
When done, save the file. This is an important step. While some text editors do not require you to specifically store files, some do so. So make sure you work by saving changes to the file.
Reboot your device. When your device boots again, go to camera settings. Here, tap on Video quality and you will see an option to select UHD 4K.
Also Read More :
- Download Xiaomi Black Shark Stock Wallpapers In FHD Resolution
- [How-To] Fix Battery Problems on Gadget Samsung Galaxy S9 Exynos
- [GUIDE] Install Camera Applications Huawei P20 Pro In Any Device Honor
- Download Android 8.1 OREO LineageOS 15.1 For LG V20 (All Variant)
- Download Exclusive OnePlus 6 Stock Wallpapers (Style)
- Gaming BIG And Small : Asus ROG Spring System Update