How to Apply Updates From an ADB Sideload Or Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode
The following are instructions for Applying Updates from the ADB sideload or Installing OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode for manually-performed OTA updates.
ADB puts aside any further characteristics added to the AOSP recovery in Jelly Bean. In version 2.3, TWRP also supports ADB's message filling mode. ADB surveys a typical ADB mode that you can apply to push and install zip simply by applying one command from your computer. Most likely the ADB sideload will not be enough to benefit your average recovery needs, but the ADB sideload serves as a big time saver for ROM developers.
What is OTA Update (Over-The-Air): -
OTA (Over-the-Air) has been a hot topic for Android devices for over a long time, and the update should be worth introducing to the internet for it. This creates certainty for the user to get updates for his device uninterruptedly on the phone minus the phone's physical connection to the PC. Apple is the first company to launch this technology for its devices especially the iPhone.
Over-the-air updates are the wireless delivery of the latest software or data to phones and tablets. This equally acts as a custom to the transmission and reception of information related to applications in wireless infrastructure.
Conventional wireless carriers do over-the-air updates to install firmware and configure the phone for operation on their network. For example, new phone initialization requires over-the-air updates. As the increasing use of smartphones and tablets is increasing, operators and manufacturers concentrate more on over-the-air updates for installing new operating systems to their respective devices.
Installing OTA updates can be done in two ways. One is to apply updates from ADB sideload, and other finish Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode.
- Recovery of Shares or Recovery of TWRP.
- Ota Zip File You can get it from our OTA Update Section.
- Free System Space.
- Developer Options, USB Debugging Mode, must be enabled ⇒ How to Enable Developer Option, USB Debug Mode.
- Adbo Fastboot Tool ⇒ Download Latest ADB Tool and Latest Fastboot.
Method 1: How to Apply Updates From an ADB Sideload
1. Read Terms enabling Developer Options, USB Debug Mode. Download Adb Fastboot Tool and unzip it.
2. Download the OTA update .zip file for your android device on PC and rename it to ota.zip file and do not unzip it.
3. Copy the ota.zip update file to the ADB Minimal folder and the Fastboot Tools "folder platform-tools-latest-windows" for windows Pc.
4. Connect your phone to PC.
5. Now go to the folder folder of ADB and Fastboot Tools or where you have copied the .zip update OTA file. Then open the command window in the folder. Do a "Shift + Right Click" on any empty white space inside the folder to reach it and select "Open command window here" from the context menu.
6. Now type the following command in the command window to reboot your phone into recovery mode.
7. Check your phone’s screen, if it requests for “Allow USB debugging”, consent it by selecting OK/Yes.adb reboot recovery
8. After entering in recovery mode, use Volume buttons to navigate up and down amid options and Power button to select an option.
9. Select “Apply update from ADB” option for TWRP Recovery Go to Advance ⇒ ADB Sideload.
10. Now type the following command to Apply Updates from ADB sideload ultimately.
adb sideload ota.zip
11. This will start the OTA installation.
12. After the installation is complete you can reboot the device from the recovery menu.
Method 2: Install OTA Update Using Recovery Mode
1. Download and copy the .zip file of OTA update to the root of your Android device's internal storage.
2. Boot your device into recovery mode. You can boot into recovery mode with Hold Volume Up + Power Button or Volume Down + Power Button. For Samsung Devices Volume Up + Home or Bixby + Power Button.
3. After entering in recovery mode, use the Volume keys to navigate up and down in the middle of options and Power button to select an option.
4. Select the "Apply updates" or "Apply updates from phone storage" option to Stock Recovery and Install Zip for TWRP Recovery.
6. After the installation is complete, select reboot from the main recovery menu to successfully return to the normal status of the device.