Sprint, the telecoms company has started launching Android 8.0 Oreo updates to their Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users. If you are one of them, you will receive an update notice immediately. The time can be anywhere from a few weeks or months. If you do not want to wait further for this update, you can still flash this official update on your phone. In this guide we will help you update / install the official Android 8.0 Oreo on your Sprint Galaxy Note 8 smartphone. We will use the official build to upgrade your phone to the latest Android software.
This latest Android software brings many new features and enhancements to existing ones. Most importantly, it promises to improve battery performance and endurance. There are many features that will help you use the phone effectively. And much better productivity you can get. Of course, we detail everything you need to update your phone manually. There is no shortage until you flash the stock firmware. This method is officially supported by Samsung and does not violate their terms. Your device warranty remains intact. If you have been waiting for Android 8.0 Oreo update, the guide will help you install it correctly.
You can wait for update notifications or do it manually. If you think this process is difficult and complicated then we suggest you choose the one option. Wait for this update to be sent to you via OTA (Over the Air). Or if you refuse to wait anymore, then keep reading. To make things easier, we've successfully removed this update to a file that can be changed. Through the Odin flashing tool, we will flash these files to Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Sprint. With this update, you expect a great improvement in interface and performance.
Although manual updating of the phone does not require a factory reset, but for security purposes, we recommend users to back up their phones. After all, we update the firmware manually. Things may not end as we wish. For Samsung users, the backup process is easier. You can use an app called Smart Switch, maybe it will be installed on your phone. Or you got it from Google Playstore
Even if you have eradicated your phone, then you can still apply this update to your phone. However, it will suppress root access. And you have to get it again. Remember, do not apply this update to custom firmware. If you do, you can easily end up bricking your phone. To update your Galaxy Note 8 Sprint to Android 8.0 Oreo, the device must run on stock firmware. Otherwise, the consequences could be worse. In short, we will discuss the risks and the implied prerequisites:
- This update is intended to be applied to the Sprint Galaxy Note 8 variant. It should not apply this update on other smart phones. That could cause some serious problems.
- If your device must be in stock firmware. Otherwise, this update will require the installation of the reset post if you are using a custom firmware. That means it will require the cleaning of the internal memory completely.
- For root users, this update has no issues. However, this removes the root access access installation. So you have to root again, if you want it.
- You need a Windows-based computer that has Internet facilities to download the necessary files.
We assume that you have read all the above prerequisites. Now you can move further to update your phone to the latest Android software manually.
To flash the firmware update file, we will use Odin flashing tool. This tool has been widely used to lower or upgrade the firmware on Samsung smartphones. This process is officially accepted by Samsung. The device warranty will apply.
Install Android 8.0 Oreo Official Update for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 8
The procedure is very simple. To update your phone, just follow the instructions below as we mentioned.
- First, start by installing the USB Drivers of your phone on your computer. Download the Samsung USB Drivers from →here and install them on your computer. Actually, drivers help the computer to detect and establish a connection between your phone and computer.
- To flash the update file on your phone, you need firmware flashing software called Odin. Get the Odin flashing tool from →here. Extract the content of the zip file to obtain the .exe file.
- Now, download the Android 8.0 Oreo update package for Sprint Galaxy Note 8 from →here. After downloading the file, extract the content of the package to obtain firmware files on your computer.
- Now, run the Odin program. It will open the window link:
- Now turn off your phone and go to Download Mode - press and hold Bixby, Download Volume, and Power Button simultaneously. Release them after ACTIVE. Use the Volume Down button to enter Download mode.
- Using a USB cable, connect your phone to the computer. Odin program will detect it and ID: COM section will change to blue. If this does not happen to you, try installing the USB driver again.
Follow instructions to load firmware files:
- Tap on BP button and upload ‘BL_N950U1UEU3CRC1 tar.md5‘ file from the extracted firmware folder.
- Similarly, tap on AP button and ‘AP_N950U1UEU3CRC1 tar.md5’
- Then load ‘CP_N950U1UEU3CRC1 tar.md5’
- and finally, load ‘HOME_CSC_N950U1UEU3CRC1 tar.md5’
To start the update process, tap the 'Start' button and wait for the process to finish.
After installation, turn off your phone.
There he is. You have successfully updated your phone manually. Soon, this will bring a newer home screen. Enter your existing login details or unlock using a pattern lock.
Sometimes device updates are stuck in the boot logo or boot loop. It can be healed easily through factory reset. If something like happened to you, just follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode - press and hold Volume Up, Bixby, and Power buttons at once and release after your phone vibrates.
- Under the recovery menu, tap 'factory wipe / data reset' and do it.
- Exit the recovery menu.
Remember, running the above steps will erase your phone's internal memory. So, we recommend you to backup important things before you do this tutorial.
That ends our tutorial here and we hope it will help our readers. This way, you can update your phone whenever you want without waiting for an official update for you.
It's all about the Android 8.0 update for Sprint Galaxy Note 8. Share your thoughts and experiences with us through the comments section. We would love to hear from you.
Also Read More :
- Adhell 3 for Samsung Galaxy devices block Ads, Package Disabler, and others [APK Download]
- Donwload Now G930VVRS4BRC3/G935VVRS4BRC3 Oreo OTA Full Verizon S7/S7 Edge
- Download Redmi 5 Stock Wallpaper In High Resolution
- How to Fix Battery Disposal Problems In Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime Mobile
- Guide To Installing Dual Speaker Surround MOD On Honor 8
- List Of Android Devices GETTING LinEaGe OS 16 [Android 9.0 P]