This is a new week, and that means it's time to rebuild Windows 10 Redstone 5. Despite the fact that RTM is rumored for Redstone 4 already available and public release is near, build 17643 is still only available in the Skiphead branch of the Fast Ring.
There are no real new features, but there are many improvements, as Set now works with Office 365 and some under Edge Edge fixes. As always, there are many fixes and known issues. Here's what was fixed and repaired in Windows 10 build 17643:
- We fixed a problem where Reveal sometimes will not show up if you move your mouse over and over again from an element.
- We fixed a problem that caused the screen to blink when the screen adjusted after rotating your device.
- We fixed an issue where the spell check menu will always appear on the main monitor on a PC with multiple monitors, rather than a monitor with red streaks.
Here's a known problem:
- if you go to Settings and click the link to the Microsoft Store or a link in the tip, Settings will get stuck. This includes links to get themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store, as well as links to Windows Defender.
- As you continue from sleep, your desktop can be seen shortly before the Lock screen displays as expected.
- When Movie & TV users deny access to their video library (via the pop-up window "Let Movies & TV access your video library?" Or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV crashes when the user navigates to the "Personal" tab.
- Tile and tiered windows, including features like "Side View Side" in Word, will not work for inactive tabs.
- The current Office Visual Basic Editor window will be tabbed but not meant to be in the future.
- Opening an Office document while the same application has an open document may cause undesirable changes to the last active document. This will also happen when closing the sheet in Excel while other sheets remain open.
- Local files or non-Microsoft cloud files will not be recovered automatically and no error message will be given to alert the user of that fact.
- Setting up the UX desktop app for Office Win32 is not final. The experience will be refined over time based on feedback.
- The top of some windows of the Win32 desktop app may look a little under the tab bar when it is made maximized. To resolve this issue, restore and maximize the return window.
- Closing one tab can sometimes minimize all settings.
- Ribbon File Explorer does not remain embedded when restarted.
- We are aware of a problem that causes Narrator to read additional text while running Alt + Tab, and we are working on fixing it.
- Using the arrow and Page Up / Down Page buttons do not work to scroll the web pages in Microsoft Edge. You must use another input method (mouse, touch, or touchpad).
Of course, you should always read the known issues before installing the new version, especially those coming from the Skip Ahead branch.
Finally, Redstone 5 will start appearing for people in the regular Fast Ring. It seems that the time has not arrived yet, so if you are not included in Skip Ahead and you want to build this, you should try signing up through your Windows Insider Program settings. Space is limited, so you may not be able to do so. If that's the case, be patient.