How To install custom recovery in your phone Without PC
Do you want to install custom recovery on your phone without using PC? Then, today I will show you how to install it in 5 minutes.
Android is a very useful and customizable operating system for the latest mobile phones. It's very customizable. Users can customize it as they please. Android provides all the basic features of the phone and besides, it provides many other important features that make life easier today. Similarly, one of the important features provided by Android is the recovery option. Which basically consists of two types. One is stock recovery and the other is custom recovery.
What is Recovery for android?
Recovery is an option provided by the Android Operating System for the purpose of restoring your phone. This includes features such as deleting cache data, formatting data, resetting, zip files etc. The standard recovery provided by Android is called stock recovery. And self-installed recovery by users on the phone is called custom recovery. Generally, you can not access all the features in stock recovery provided by Android. Therefore, many users install custom recovery for additional useful features and options such as installing zip files, backup, recovery, formatting and all the basic and essential features needed for recovery options. So you can also install custom recovery without PC.
The best basic habitual recovery type
1.CWM (Clockworkmod recovery)
2.TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project)
These are two basic best habit recovery and are the most common recovery. I prefer to choose TWRP. Basically, there is no big difference like the features provided by both of these recovery. The main difference is that, in CWM recovery, you must use the volume and power buttons to switch and select a destination. Your touch will not work in this recovery. In fact, in TWRP, you can use your touch panel to switch and choose a destination. That is why, I prefer to use TWRP recovery rather than CWM. Therefore, one can find out about how to install custom recovery on mobile without PC.
So, today we will discuss about how to install custom recovery on android phone without PC. The process is very simple and easy to use. Before going to the procedure, let me tell you something important before you do this.
Must have (mandatory requirements)
1. Your device must be Rooted to install custom recovery without PC with this method.
The advantages of custom recovery
- The best advantage if it you can install custom ROM on your device.
- You can backup an existing ROM or stock.
- You can install direct zip files like Superuser SU.
- Delete cache format
- Upgrade or downgrade your Android.
- Reset phone
- Put something on
- Install themes
- This will allow you to install custom or external Kernel
- In addition to installing mods
Although you can install custom recovery using your PC but it is a long process. Days back, it is not possible to install a recovery using the Android phone itself. It can only be done using a PC. But now, with technological advances, you can install custom recovery just by using your android phone. Here, in this process, I'll tell you just about how you can "install custom recovery without PC". ie by using your android device only, it means without PC.
In this method, we will use an application called Flashify (the Download link at the end of the procedure). Also make sure you download the same version I gave at the end of the procedure. This is the best app for android to install custom recovery on your phone. This recovery update is present in the app on a regular basis. So, you'll always get the best and latest custom recovery for your device.
This app will remove your default stock recovery and as such, will flash custom recovery that you choose without any problems.
Features of flashify
- You can create backup of your stock ROM and Default kernel
- Also, you can install the latest custom recovery in your phone.
- It allows you to install any type of recovery like TWRP, CWM or Philz.
Follow the steps given below
1. First of all, you can get your stock recovery by turning off your device. After that, simultaneously press the home button + power button and volume buttons up or down. It will look like this
2. As I have already told you that your device should be rooted, you can see that the device I am using is also rooted
3. Now, Download the same app called Flashify from the link at the end of the description. And install
4. Now, open the app, grant root permission and it will look like this
5. Here in the upper right corner you can see backup and recovery options where you can back up your stock ROM and your Default kernel
6. Now go to the flash option. And here you can also install a boot image or recovery if you already downloaded it. Here, I have not downloaded anything yet. To install a new one, click the recovery image and select a custom recovery type
7. After selecting the recovery type, it will show the latest recoveries available. Click on anyone and download it
8. After downloading, it will ask you to flash recovery. Click yes and it will reboot and install the recovery
9. The device will turn off automatically and will go into recovery mode. There you will have some basic settings options such as select language etc.
Swipe to the Right here
10. After that, you will be redirected to a recovery interface like this
11. And from here you can do whatever you like. Like, I have chosen the install option here
Congratulations! You have successfully installed custom recovery on your Android phone. So you can reach any time into recovery mode by turning off your device and pressing the home key + power button and volume buttons up or down simultaneously.
Also Read More :
- This Ultra-Slim Magnetic Case Adds Wireless Charging For iPhone 7 And Older Models
- IPhone Headphone Features It Built-In Call Recorder For Mobile, WhatsApp, FaceTime, Skype Audio Call [No Jailbreak]
- How to Customize iPhone X Dock, Lock Screen In iOS 11.3 - iOS 11.4 [No Jailbreak]
- Guide to Root Vivo V9 Without Using PC or Laptop
- Review Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X & Ryzen 5 2600X