Recently Lenovo launched a new flagship device, Moto G6 Play with their sub brand Moto. This device has been launched globally a month ago. This device has a multi-functional fingerprint sensor with large battery backup. Today I saw TWRP for Moto G6 Play and guide to root Moto G6 Play in XDA forum. Here we share the complete guide to unlock the Moto G6 Play bootloader, Install TWRP, Root Moto G6 Play.
Here we will guide to install TWRP recovery on Moto G6 Play. Also, Root Moto G6 Play via Magisk with a simple guide. If you have a Moto G6 Play, you can install TWRP Recovery on your device and play it. Huawei's device comes with a bootloader. So without unlocking the bootloader, you can not customize anything so first open the Moto G6 Play bootloader.
Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP, Root Moto G6 Play
After launching Moto G6 Play has started to develop many mod, special ROM and many ROM in XDA forum. If you want to install special ROM or any mod, then need to install. Install TWRP Recovery and the root feature gives you full access to Android. So, let's go to the steps below to unlock the bootloader, Install TWRP Playback, and Root Moto G6 Play.
- XT1922-3 Model
- XT1922-4 Model
- XT1922-5 Brazilian Model
- XT1922-7 Boost Mobile variant of this device with the code name JETER with Android 8.0.0 Build OCP27.91-23
- XT1922-9 Model
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Install USB Driver from Here.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Moto device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Enable OEM Unlock (If the bootloader is locked).
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the“ OEM Unlock ” checkbox
- Download the below files then read the guide.
- Download ⇒ ADBFASTBOOT TOOL
- TWRP for Moto G6 Play: moto-g6-play-jeter-patched-twrp.img
- Patched boot image: fstab.qcom
DM Verity disabler file:
- XT1922-9: XT1922-9_no_dm-verity_boot.img
- XT1922-7: XT1922-7_no_dm-verity_boot.img
- XT1922-5: XT1922-5_no_dm-verity_boot.img
- XT1922-4: XT1922-4_no_dm-verity_boot.img
- XT1922-3: XT1922-3_no_dm-verity_boot.img
Unlock Moto G6 Play Bootloader:
Without unlock bootloader you can do anything. So go to this link to unlock Honor 9
Install TWRP For Moto G6 Play:
1.) First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required File.
2.) Download the "adb-fastboot-tool-2018.zip" extract on the desktop.
- Download TWRP img and all boot files from above. Then copy all the files in the same folder (folder adb-fastboot-tool-2018).
3.) Rename the IMG file recovery TWRP "moto-g6-play-jeter-patched-twrp.img" to "recovery.img" and copy it to adb-fastboot-tool-2018 Folder.
4.) Open the windows cmd in the adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder with Shift + Mouse Right-click.
5.) Connect your device in FAstboot Mode by holding Power button + Both Volume button at the same time.
6.) Once your device in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter.
fastboot boot moto-g6-play-jeter-patched-twrp.img7.) Once TWRP recovery show on your device then paste this command on command window and hit enter to backup stock boot and recovery images.
adb pull /dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name/boot stockboot.img
adb pull /dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name/recovery stockrecovery.img
8.) Now again Reboot your device in Bootloader Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
9.) Now flash the correct DM Verity disabler file as per your device by hitting this command.
fastboot flash boot
10.) At least Flash TWRP by using this command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Reboot your device to recovery mode using volume keys on the device. TWRP ask you for a password, just skips it.
11.) Now install patched fstab.qcom boot image using this command.
adb push fstab.qcom /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
12.) Then click ” Wipe ” button on TWRP recovery and Swipe to Factory Reset. It will wipe your everything in your device.
13.) That’s it to install TWRP. If you want to Root then follow the guide below.
Guide To Root Moto G6 Play:
- Download Magisk zip, copy it to the Internal Storage or external storage.
- Turn off your phone and turn into recovery mode By Volume UP + Down + Power.
- Now Don’t Allow Modifications.
- Go to Install Navigate to Magisk.zip Swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone.