Huawei recently launched a new flagship device, Honor 10 with their Honor sub-brand. This device has a dual camera and is equipped with an impressive display. Today I see TWRP Recovery for Honor 10 and Honor 10 Root Guide on the XDA forum. TWRP 3.2.1-0 by PeterMarkoff, still in development but support for flashing zip files TWRP Returns Notch Friendly for Honor 10. In this guide, we will show you how to root Honor 10 and install TWRP recovery via fast boot.
Rooting Pro and Cons
After Rooting Honor 10 you can modify your device, but start the guide after you have finished backing up the device, and one thing the warranty will cancel after rooting the device. Here are some of the benefits of Rooting, you can delete EMUI bloatware, System Applications after Honor 10 Root. Change EMUI fonts and themes, customize mobile phones by installing root applications, modify devices with magisk modules and more. Also, you can hide root access on certain applications with the help of Magisk Systemless App. Let's start the guide.
How to do Root Honor 10
The only way to Root Honor 10 is via Magisk because SuperSu stops distributing their applications and SuperSu 2.82 does not support EMUI 8.0. So you need the latest Magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is open the bootloader key. Huawei has stopped providing the bootloader unlock code from their website, so now you must get the code by mail at mobile@Huawei.com & firstname.lastname@example.org or customer support or using a paid tool. After you get the code, you are ready to rooting and installing TWRP.
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Applications, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device to install interruptions.
- Install Huawei Driver
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fast boot mode.
- Open the Bootloader Honor 10 Bootloader key to flash twpp Resmi Method 1 Official / Method 2 Paid.
- Download the Required Files and Read Guide.
Download TWRP recovery for Honor 10 and Magisk
ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ Donwload here
Honor 10 Root Installation Guide and TWRP
1. First, read the Prerequisites for opening the bootloader, Download ADB & fastboot, TWRP, and magisk.
2. Connect your device to PC file copy TWRP to ADB & fastboot folder or use the wide fastboot / ADB System method.
3. Now open the promote command to the TWRP folder by holding Shift + Mouse Right-click and type commands one at a time.
adb reboot bootloader
- This command will reboot your device into fast boot mode or you can do it manually by holding Volume Down + Connect the USB cable.
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_bkl_0.7.img
- This one will flash twrp recovery on your device.
4. Reboot the device by hold power button or fastboot reboot command.
Flash Magsik and Get Root Access
- After you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device with a Magsik flash. Download one of the Magsik from the download section.
- Copy the Magsik zip to internal storage or SD Card and switch devices.
- Turn your phone into TWRP Recovery by holding Volume Up + Power (Release the Power Key after the Android Logo or Huawei Logo).
- In TWRP, don't allow modifications. tap "Continue to Read Only"
- Go to install and navigate to the magisk zip ⇒ Swipe to install.
- Return and reboot the device.
- Open the Magisk application and verify root access and safety net checks (Install Magsik Manager Apk if the Magisk application is lost).