Motorola recently launched Moto E5 Play. This device presents a water damage resistant feature with battery life throughout the day. Today I see TWRP for Moto E5 Play and a guide to eradicate Moto E5 Play on the XDA forum. Here we share the complete guide to unlock the Moto E5 Play bootloader, Install TWRP, Root Moto E5 Play.
Unlock the Bootloader, Install TWRP, Root Moto E5 Play
After launching Moto E5 Play, it has started to develop many Android items on the XDA forum. Thanks to Senior Member XDA "CodyF86" for sharing this guide for E5 Play users. If you want to install any custom ROM or mod, it is necessary to install TWRP Recovery and provide the root feature to get full access on Android. So, let's go to the steps below to unlock the bootloader key, Install TWRP Recovery, and Root Moto E5 Play.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Install USB Driver from Here.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Moto device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Enable OEM Unlock (If the bootloader is locked).
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the“ OEM Unlock ” checkbox
- Download the below files then read the guide.
- Download ⇒ ADBFASTBOOT TOOL
- TWRP for Moto G6 Play: twrp_james.img
- DM Verity disabler file: boot-e5-noverity.img
- Patched boot image: fstab.qcom
- Download Magisk from Here.
Moto Unlock E5 Play Bootloader:
Without opening the bootloader, you can do anything. So, go to this link to open the Moto G6 bootloader: Unlock_Bootloader_Moto_E5_Play.
Install TWRP For Moto E5 Play:
1.) First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2.) Download "adb-fastboot-tool-2018.zip" extract on the desktop.
Download TWRP img and all boot files from above. Then copy all the files in the same folder (adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder).
3.) Change the TWRP IMG recovery file name "twrp_james.img" to "recovery.img" and copy it to the adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder.
4.) Open cmd windows in the adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder with Shift + Mouse Right-click.
5.) Connect your device in Fastboot Mode by holding Power button + Both Volume button at the same time.
6.) Once your device in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter
fastboot boot recovery.img
7.) Once TWRP recovery show on your device then paste this command on command window and hit enter to backup stock boot and recovery images.
adb pull /dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name/boot stockboot.imgadb pull /dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name/recovery stockrecovery.img
8.) Now again Reboot your device in Bootloader Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
9.) Now flash the correct DM Verity disabler file as per your device by hitting this command.
fastboot flash boot boot-e5-noverity.img
10.) At least Flash TWRP by using this command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Reboot your device to recovery mode using volume keys on the device. TWRP ask you for a password, just skips it.
11.) Now install the fstab.qcom boot image that is patched using this command.
adb push fstab.qcom / vendor / etc / fstab.qcom
12.) Then click the "Wipe" button on TWRP recovery and Swipe to Factory Reset. This will delete everything on your device.
13.) That is installing TWRP. If you want to Root, follow the guide below.
Guide To Root Moto E5 Play:
- Download Magisk zip, copy to Internal Storage or external storage.
- Turn off your phone and enter recovery mode with Volume UP + Down + Power.
- Now Don't Allow Modification.
- Go to Install Navigation to Magisk.zip Swipe to install.
- Restart your cellphone.
Also Read More Article :
- Download Wallpapers In High Resolution for Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Stock
- Download SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 9 Apps For Samsung Devices
- Honor 10 ROOT Guide and TWRP Recovery installation Guide
- Guide To Install OxygenOS 5.1.11 For OnePlus 6 Full ROM
- GuideTo Install Tutorial TWRP Recovery And Root UHANS I8 With MTK Flash Tool