Huawei announced its first flagship in 2018 in the form of the P20 Pro in March 2018 and shocked the world surprisingly. Huawei P20 Pro drives the world's first triple camera setting in the form of a 40 MP main RGB sensor (f / 1.8, 27mm, 1 / 1.7 ″ / OIS), 20 MP (f / 1.6, 27mm, 1 / 2.7 ″) monochrome sensors and lenses 8 MP telephoto (f / 2.4, 80mm, 1/4 ″). All Leica lenses are branded and assisted by PDAF & laser autofocus and LED flash. An 8 MP sensor has the ability to zoom 3X times optically and with the help of AI, one can obtain a 5X zoom digitally without losing significant detail.
To be honest, my first impression about triple camera settings on Huawei P20 Pro is that this is a marketing trick and not much. But I'm wrong. I was surprised when DxOMark rated it as the best camera on any smartphone until now and gave a score of 109. Although I don't believe the DxOMark review as the last benchmark, it caught my attention. Last month, I was able to get this device and I was surprised, it caught some of the best photos that any smartphone can take. During my time with the telephone, I realized that there was more to do than just hardware. The camera application on Huawei P20 Pro gambles well in fine-tuning photos and at the same time provides a smooth and flexible user interface.
XDA Senior Member LastStandingDroid managed to get a leaked firmware from Huawei P20 Pro and successfully released a stock of Huawei P20 Pro camera applications. Now, you can really get a stock camera application from Huawei P20 Pro that works on your Huawei or Honor device.
- An Honor or Huawei device running EMUI 8.0+ based on Android Oreo 8.0+.
- Your device should be powered by the HiSilicon Kirin 970, Kirin 960 or Kirin 659. There is no guarantee that it will work properly with any other processor.
- Your device must be rooted.
- You must have Magisk Manager installed on your phone. To download Magisk Manager, click on the linking appearing below:
Steps by step To Install Huawei P20 Pro Camera APK
- Download the Huawei P20 Pro Camera magisk module zip from the link provided below.
- Download Huawei P20 Pro Camera Magisk Module
- Open Magisk Manager from your device’s app drawer.
- Open the side menu by tapping on the three bar icon from the top left corner of your phone and tap on modules.
- Tap on the “+” button.
- Now, navigate to the Huawei P20 Pro ZIP file downloaded magisk module zip file (Huawei-P20-Pro-Camera.zip). Tap on it for the installation process to begin. Most probably it will be stored in “Downloads” folder of your device’s internal storage if you did not change the download location manually.
- Once the installation process is finished, reboot your device. After rebooting, open your default camera app.
Congratulations! you just managed to install Huawei P20 Pro’s camera app on your device.
Note: You may not be able to use all the features of the camera application due to your device hardware restrictions. For example, you cannot get 3x optical zoom because your device does not have a 3x telephoto zoom lens. Likewise, if your device does not have a monochrome sensor, you will not be able to capture monochrome shots and if your device does not run on the Kirin 970 SoC, you might not be able to use the slo-mo option. Don't expect any miracles to occur if you install an application on a low-class Honor or Huawei device.
You can now install and try your favorite root application or you can even try some awesome Magical Modules. Tell us about your experience during and after installing the Huawei P20 Pro camera application on your Huawei or Honor device..