In January this year, Samsung announced the Galaxy J2 Pro (2018), an entry-level smartphone, in India and several other markets. This phone has a 5 inch AMOLED screen with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels which is very low by current standards. This is powered by an entry-level quadcore quadCoC SoC clocked at 1.4 GHz and equipped with 1.5 GB of RAM. Internal storage of 16 GB which can be expanded up to 256 GB via a micro SD card. In the camera department, the Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 packs an 8 megapixel lens with auto focus on the rear and a 5 megapixel front shooter with a fixed focus for selfies. It runs on an Android-based Samsung Experience and is blended with a 2600 mAh battery.
Installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 will help you install custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, and also allow you to easily root your device. Although there are many other ways that you can root Android devices, using Magisk to root Android is the best way now. And for that TWRP is mandatory! Read it first to find out how to install TWRP on Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 and then how to crawl it using Magisk.
Mandatory Disclaimer: Rooting your device will require you to unlock your bootloader. In most cases, this will effectively void your device warranty. That said, unlocking bootloader/rooting are complex processes and may not always produce the desired results. Know what you are doing and always have a backup before proceeding. The author or ThemeFoxx cannot be held responsible in case anything unexpected happens to your device. Remember, you are warned.
- Your Galaxy J2 Pro’s Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Installing TWRP is a pretty complex task. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Guide: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Make sure you have enough charge left on your device. A minimum of 70% is recommended.
- Make sure you have latest ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your Mac/Windows/Linux.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options.
Download these files before moving onto the step by step guide.
- TWRP for Galaxy J2 Pro 2018
- The 3rd and 4th files need to be downloaded and transferred to an external storage that you can connect to your phone.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 And Install TWRP
- Power off your Galaxy Note 9 and connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
- Now, boot into the download mode by pressing the volume down, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously
- Download and extract Odin tool Zip file and run Odin Exe file on your computer.
- Once Odin.exe is opened, head over to the Options tab and disable Auto Reboot.
- Click on the AP button and select the TWRP file that you downloaded before proceeding into the steps. If not downloaded, go back to the downloads section and perform this step.
- Once selected, click on Start. This will flash TWRP on your Galaxy J2 Pro 2018.
- Once TWRP has been successfully installed on your device, disconnect your device from the PC and press the Volume down and Power button simultaneously until the screen goes blank. Now, immediately press the Volume Up + Power + Home button to boot into the TWRP recovery mode.
- Now, swipe at the button of your display to allow modifications.
- Select Wipe and then select Format Data and finally type yes to factory reset your device.
- Once the factory reset is completed, from the menu, select Reboot and then Recovery.
- After the reboot is completed, select Install and navigate to the location where you have stored the Magisk zip file and select it.
- Swipe at the bottom of your display to flash it. Select Magisk from the different rooting method choices and then select the OEM Patch.
- When the flashing completes successfully, flash the no-verity-no-encrypt-5.1 file similarly and normally reboot your device.
After the installation is complete, reboot your device and look for an application called Magisk Manager. If it's not installed, download the Magisk Manager APK and install it on your device.
Congratulations! You have just successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 and installed TWRP.
This is the easiest way to root and install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018. Hopefully this article works properly. Tell us about your experience trying the method mentioned in this article in the comments section below. If I forget to mention something or if there is a topic I want to cover, please let me know in the comments section below.
Also Read More :
- Download Latest MIUI 10 THEME For Samsung Galaxy Devices
- How To Root Essential Phone And Install TWRP Recovery
- Download TWRP for HTC U12+ Guide To Install and Rooting with Magisk
- Guide To Root Honor 7A with Magisk and Install TWRP Recovery
- Download Wallpapers Apple iPhone XS In FHD Resolution (Update)
- Guide To Enable Setereo Speakers On Galaxy S8 & S8+ Magisk Module
- Download Theme for EMUI Devices OPPO Find X Color OS