Download the new Launcher 3 Pixel (APK) with the Google Assistant shortcut in the search bar from below. The launcher can be installed on any Android running Android 6.0 and above.
Pixel Launcher is a home screen application that has been pre-installed on Google Pixel smartphones and Android One devices. Pixel Launcher officially appeared with the first Google Pixel. With Pixel 2, Google moves the search bar at the bottom, according to the high 18: 9 aspect ratio of the Pixel 2 XL. That would not be a far-fetched assumption that Google might tweak the launcher again for Google Pixel 3. We have seen Google try their hand at that too before when Google tried to get out of a separate bubble. It never worked, and now it seems that Google is back again. The Pixel Launcher 3 may have a Google assistant button, not the voice command button on the search bar.
Pixel Launcher with the Assistant button on the search bar
This new change was also seen by the paphonb XDA Senior Member who also saw previous changes to Pixel Launcher. He is also the developer of the Rootless Launcher Launcher which is a port of Pixel Launcher for other Android devices. He is also one of the developers behind Lawnchair. Paphonb found a new change in the APK that was pulled from an official Android Pie image for Android Studio Emulator. The application version is 9-4889482 while the latest version available online is 9-4836503. If you remember, Preview 5 Android P Developer originally removed the sound icon from the search bar that left an empty space to the right of the bar.
We have also seen this new Pixel Launcher with the Assistant button in the search bar in several press renders that leaked from Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL. Considering that the launch of Pixel 3 is near, it seems unlikely that Google will change the design again.
The new Pixel 3 Launcher has also been ported by devs to other Android Oreo and Android Pie devices. The package name has not been changed in the ported application. This means that it cannot be installed above the existing Pixel Launcher installation. You must uninstall Pixel Launcher before installing a new port. Also keep in mind that some features, such as smart shortcuts in the application drawer will not work on Android Oreo devices. AppActionsAPI was only introduced on Android Pie.
Download Pixel 3 Launcher with Google Assistant Shortcut
As we have said, and as you can see in the screenshot above, the new Pixel Launcher is not much different from the current Pixel Launcher, but for the Assistant button in the search bar. Pixel Launcher doesn't get a lot of drastic changes that make sense because this is the default launcher on many devices. Google does not want to confuse ordinary users by often dragging many things. We have shared Google Pixel 3 Live Wallpapers with you. Now with Pixel 3 Launcher, you can enjoy your new Pixel experience while waiting for the official launch of Pixel 3.
How to install
- Download the Pixel Launcher APK from the download link above and tap the download notification when the download is complete.
- This will launch the package installer.
- You must now allow your browser application to allow you to install an APK if you have never done it before. Alternatively, you can launch File Explorer and navigate to the Downloads folder then tap on the downloaded APK. In this case, you only need to give permission to your file explorer.
- Tap INSTALL at the bottom right.
- Once installed, you cannot immediately open the Pixel Launcher like you can use other applications, so tap FINISH.
- Press the home button to bring up the list of installed app launchers and select Pixel Launcher from the list. You can set it as the default launcher here too. On some devices such as Huawei or Honor, you may find that tapping the home button will take you to the pre-built OEM launcher. On this device you must go to Settings> Applications & notifications manually> Default application> Launcher and set Pixel Launcher as default. Press the home button after you have done it and you will land on the main Pixel Launcher screen.