Good news for users of OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T! GZOSP ROM presents Android 9.0 Pie to OnePlus 3 and 3T. Simply download the ROM and Android package GApps Pie and flash using the steps described below.
When OnePlus comes with OnePlus One, it breaks the market with deadly specifications. After the relative failure of OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X, Chinese companies have never looked back. OnePlus is new from OnePlus, OnePlus 6T is the latest and the best from the company and will remain so until next year. But there are two devices that really help strengthen the OnePlus brand in the smartphone market. That is OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T which are still great devices in the next 2 years. That might be why, even though official support has ended, OnePlus has changed its position and is looking to provide Android 9.0 updates to OnePlus 3T.
According to the current report, OnePlus 3T users can expect an update in Q1 2019. This still leaves OnePlus 3. Even OnePlus users have a long waiting time in front of them. Fortunately, third-party developers are more passionate about the work they do and the devices they have. You can install Android 9.0 Oreo on your OnePlus 3 / 3T via a custom GZOSP ROM. The ROM is currently in beta and may contain some unspecified bugs.
This ROM is in the initial beta stage as mentioned so you know what you are dealing with. Other large or small bugs may also not be mentioned here. Before you continue and install ROM, you must be prepared to handle the problem. Furthermore, installing custom ROMs can be a considerable risk and you might end up with a device that cannot be used. Both ROM developers and DroidViews are not responsible for anything that happens to your device. Continue by yourself responsibility.
- A OnePlus 3 or 3T with an unlocked bootloader.
- A custom recovery such as TWRP must be installed on the device.
- Make sure your device has at least 50% battery left so as to prevent any accidental shutdowns.
Root (Optional) – Magisk
Install GZOSP on OnePlus 3 / 3T
- Download ROM and GApps (and Magisk, if you want to root) files and transfer them to your OnePlus device.
- Turn off your phone.
- After turning it off, press and hold the Power and Volume buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons past the OnePlus boot splash screen logo until your device boots into recovery mode.
- When in recovery mode, select the Backup option from the TWRP main menu and then select the partition you want to back up. It is recommended that you make a complete NANDroid backup of your current ROM, including all partitions. In this way, you can always restore your device to its existing state after trying a new ROM.
- The backup process can take a long time depending on the partition you choose but when it's finished, return to the main menu.
- Now open Removal> Advanced Removal and select system, data, cache, and Dalvik cache. Swipe at the bottom to delete this partition. Remember not to choose internal storage unless you want to delete it.
- Select Install from the main menu then browse to and select the ROM zip file (Gzosp-oneplus3-9.Beta.2.0-OFFICIAL-20181110-1557.zip).
- Tap the Add another zipper button and this time, select the GApps file that you downloaded.
- Similarly, also select the Magisk zip file if you want root access.
- Swipe at the bottom to start the flashing process.
- After flashing, you will see that the system reboot button appears at the bottom. Tap on it.
You might already know this if you are here, but the first boot can take a long time. Since this is only an alpha build, the first boot might not happen for you and you should be prepared for that possibility too. However, wait at least ten minutes and if it still doesn't boot, reboot your device in recovery mode like you did before. In recovery, select Restore, then select your backup. Swipe at the bottom to restore, then tap Reboot after the process is complete.