Looking for a way to root the Samsung Galaxy M40? Then you are the right place. To maximize its performance and control system files you can root your device. Magisk is the perfect way to rooting on your Android device and here we share an easy method for installing Magisk officially on the Samsung Galaxy M40. This article will help you root the Samsung Galaxy M40 with the Magisk Patched Boot Image by following the steps below.
Samsung has launched many M series devices with good camera features. Samsung Galaxy M40 is one of the best middle class phones. After booting the Galaxy M40 you can get some additional benefits. You can install many Magisk modules such as Mod, fonts, themes to improve the performance of your device. Awsmanks the XDA developer has shared a simple trick for creating a Maged Patched Boot and using it the root of the Galaxy M40.
Way To Root Samsung Galaxy M40
Before installing Magisk on Samsung Galaxy M40 smartphones, you’ll have to unlock the bootloader on your device. Also, you should note that Magisk will trip Knox, and, when installing it for the first time, you’ll have to perform a full data wipe. Therefore, you should backup your data before installing Magisk.
Here we share a complete guide to "Root Galaxy M40" without TWRP recovery. First, we will make boot.img patched using the Magisk canary and then flash boot.img.tar using the ODIN Tool to root. If you have a Samsung Galaxy M40 and you want to install the root of your smartphone. Then read the complete guide to make it easier.
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Applications, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for installation interruptions.
- Install the Samsung Driver.
- Activate Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Open on Samsung Devices to connect your device in ADB, fast boot mode.
- Make sure the device's bootloader must be unlocked.
- Download Required Files and Reading Guide.
Download Samsung Galaxy M40 Root Files
Guide to Rooting the Samsung Galaxy M40 on Andorid Pie
- Download Stock Firmware for your device. (Version must be the same as that used by your cellphone)
- Then extract and copy the AP tar file to your device
- Now install ‘MagiskManager.apk‘ on your device and open it.
- In Magisk Manager, open Settings ⇒ Boot Output Format Patched and select ".img.tar".
- After that, go back to Magisk's house and select the "Install ⇒ Install ⇒ select and patch file" option.
- Now select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- Connect your device to the computer and copy the “magisk_patched.tar” on your desktop.
- After that download Odin and extract Odin-v3.*.* and run Odin3 vx.xx.exe.
- Then Switch Off your device.
- Turn your device into Download Mode By (Power + Volume Up).
Keep Pressing Volume Up to acknowledge the warning Then Phone Will Turn Download Mode
- Again Connect your phone with PC via USB.
- ODIN will detect your device.
- Uncheck Auto Reboot from Option.
- That is, check the AP Box, select the ‘magisk_patched.tar‘ file.
Like the Screenshot:
- Now click the Start Button on ODIN to start the installation process.
- When you're done, you will see PASS! message in ODIN after that Press Power + Volume Down to exit download mode. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately press Power + Volume Up and hold the Volume Up button until you see the stock recovery screen.
- When you are in Stock Recovery mode, select delete data / factory reset to delete the complete data of the device. (required)
- Now select "Reboot system now" and immediately press Power + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning epaskan Release all buttons.
- That's all now you can enjoy all the root features on your device.